Rifles and Handguns
- The Rifle and Pistol Range is for Members and their guests only.
- Members are responsible for their guests and should make certain to explain the Range Rules.
- Never enter the Range without signing in first, there are times when workers are downrange and they must be cleared out before the Range is safe to use.
- Never extend any part of your body forward of the firing line for any reason.
- NO RAPID FIRING OR SHOOTING FROM THE HIP.
- Only paper targets are allowed on the Range and must be posted on the posting boards. Do not place targets on/over the upright posts which hold the boards.
- When finished shooting, unload and case your firearm before leaving the bench.
- If you have a malfunction or a jam that you can not clear, lay the firearm on the bench keeping the muzzle down range, and ask for assistance.
- No fast draw and firing allowed without prior management approval.
- Only load firearms when on the firing line, keeping the muzzle pointed down range at all times.
- Never walk downrange until a “cease fire” has been declared and all weapons have been placed in the proper safe position.
- During a “cease fire”, place all weapons on the bench or in a holster with the action open and do not touch the weapon until the range is declared “clear.”
- Do not enter the Range on days the Club is closed or before or after hours of operation. If this policy is violated your membership will be terminated.
- No shotgun shells containing steel shot, duck or goose loads. Any shot over 7 ½ or shells exceeding the length of 2 ¾ inches are strictly prohibited.
- Only shotguns appropriate for clay target shooting are allowed on the ranges/fields. Assault type shotguns are prohibited.
- All shotguns must have full-length stock.
- All shotguns must be kept safe when not on the firing line/station. Keep all actions open, and barrels pointed at the ground or up in the air.
- Only lead shot sizes 7 ½, 8, 8 ½, 9, steel shot and slugs are not allowed.
- Gauges larger than 12 are prohibited.
- Shotguns are to be loaded only at the shooting station. All shotguns must be empty and open at all times unless you are the shooter in the shooting station.
- While on a shooting field never load more than 2 shells at one time in your gun.
- Always check bore for obstruction after a misfire and before firing next round.
- Only shooters participating in a round of shooting are permitted on the fields. Skeet and Trap squads shall consist of no more than five shooters.
- Only employees of Bridgeview Gun Club or authorized members are permitted in the trap and skeet houses.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn when shooting or observing on any of the ranges.
- Shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times while on the range.
- Be sure your firearm is safe to operate and know how to operate it safely.
- Always keep your firearm unloaded, finger off the trigger and pointed in a safe direction until you are in the designated shooting station.
- Never transfer a loaded firearm to another person.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm. If you have any questions, please consult a member of management.
- No inexperienced shooters are allowed on any ranges without prior instruction and an experienced shooter.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the shooting fields.
- Individuals displaying the effect of, or thought to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be prohibited from using any of the ranges.
- Children must not be left unattended.
- Please clean up your shooting area after shooting. Please place empty shells and trash in trash containers before you leave the area. Please remove all targets and tacks on Rifle and Pistol Ranges after use. Brass may be left on the ground.
- Management or authorized members are eligible to remove any shooter whose behavior is detrimental to the safe operation of any of the ranges.
- If unsafe behavior is noticed, please make sure that Management is notified of such act immediately.
- Please read and understand the Range Rules and Regulations before your proceed to any of the ranges.
- Violation of any of the Range Rules may lead to permanent barring from the Shooting Center. Please ask Management for clarification if you have any questions.
- Use of the Club.
We are a semi-private club that is partially open to the public. The rifle/pistol range is strictly open to members only. Only members “in good standing,” meaning paid members, may use the rifle/pistol range.
Members should behave in a gentlemanly or ladylike manner at all times. Loud, foul, or abusive language will not be tolerated. Drunkenness is strictly prohibited and will be dealt with in a professional manner. Unsafe acts will be dealt with harshly and may lead to immediate dismissal.
The club manager has the right to enforce all club rules at his discretion and may suspend or revoke membership for inappropriate behavior.
- Off-Limit Areas.
The kitchen, behind the bar, back office, and pro shop are all off limits to members and their guests. The maintenance building and storage facilities are strictly off limits.
- Alcoholic Beverages.
Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed on the premises when purchased from the club and after the shooting is finished for the day.
- Tobacco Products.
Tobacco products may be used on the premises. Please properly dispose of cigarette butts. Please place cigarette butts or cigar butts in proper disposal areas, not on the ground. Smoking is prohibited in the clubhouse. Please do not spit on the porch or near the clubhouse.
Guests are always welcome and encouraged. Guests are a reflection of the member and are their responsibility at all times. Guests are allowed to use the rifle/pistol range when accompanied and in the presence of a member.
- Personal Property.
The club is not responsible for any theft, damage, or destruction of any private property belonging to any member or guest of any member.
Pets are permitted on the club property as long as they are to be leashed and not in the clubhouse. They must be cared for and watered in accordance to local ordinance.
Employees should be treated in a manner of respect and should never be bereted at anytime. If a member has any complaints he/she should contact the club manager and feel free to put the complaint in writing addressed to the owner.
Members are expected to have proper attire and men are requested to refrain from wearing tank tops.
- Golf Carts and ATVs.
Golf carts and ATVs are occasionally allowed on club premises. They must be operated in a safe and responsible manner and must not cause damage to the grounds or facility in anyway.